|Version/Generation||Release Time||Development Enviornment|
|1.0||February 2002||Visual Studio .Net|
|1.1||April 2003||Visual Studio .Net 2003|
|2.0||November 2005||Visual Studio .Net 2005|
|3.0||November 2006||Advancing(WPF,Silver light)|
|3.5||November 2007||Visual Studio .Net 2008t|
|4.0||April 2010||Visual Studio 2010|
|4.5||August 2012||Visual Studio 2012|
Thursday, 11 July 2013
Narrow view of .Net framework
Wednesday, 10 July 2013
Before the time of .Net , Programmers/ Developers are forced to contend with bunch of issues, some of them are following as below –
- Versioning Problem – No software upgrade
- No assembly concept - An ease reusability of the function without calling the code
- COM services - only 1% - 5 % com were using mostly for media services, and performance issues.
- For a simple print ie “Hello world”, this required a lot of coding for the programmers.
- Application and page life cycle was very rare so handling of page request was challenging task.
- Microsoft introduced .Net framework as a rescuer.
- .Net framework is consisting so many features, those are helping to programmers to save the effort and time.
- Machine independent
- Language inter-operability
- Solution of versioning problem
- Common type system
- A very big collection of class library
- Provide Global assembly cache to install MS assemblies
- User interface design became very simple to manage as MS introduced IDE(Integrated Development Environment)
- Architectural design of the application
- Consistent object oriented
- Language Independency
- Short of code
- Introduction to mail server
- Localization and globalization
- .Net is not a programming language, it is consisting a set of class libraries and Security mechanism along with a compiler which is know as CLR(Common Language Runtime).
- .Net framework is a product of Microsoft, which was first introduced in the late 1990 during next generation window services(NGWS) development.
- .Net is a programming infrastructure developed by Microsoft for building, deploying and running the applications.
.Net framework provides following tools for managing user and application interfaces
- Window form
- Web form
- Console Application
- Web services
These tools enable users to develop user friendly desktop based as well as web based applications using wide variety of languages on the .Net platform.
What was before the .Net framework?
When .Net was not in the market, that was very different time, people use to do development by using –
Windows GUI development - Win32 API, MFC, Visual Basic and Component object model
Web Development – ASP
- It was really very difficult to the programmer to achieve a good user interface or achieve reusability of functionality through ease of access.
- People use to do windows based application by using component object model which was causing the performance issue of the application.
- Those days there were None availability or difficult to access of language inter-operability, versioning , services, machine dependency.
- Very less classes under MFC library, To make a small logic there was a huge code behind that.
- Application life cycle and page life cycle was available but with very less features.
- C and C++ developer are forced to contend with complex memory and pointer arithmetic
- Most of the Windows application were using COM classes, COM’s language independence is very limited.